ILPS Board & Membership General Annual Meeting 8 November 2019 in Cologne, Germany.
ILPS Board&Membership General Annual Meeting 2019 continues the cycle of annual Board&Membership Meetings.
It was held on November 8th, 2019 at Spectral Service AG and gathered all ILPS Members from all over the world to discuss several topics about Phospholipids and Lipids.
For more information please contact the ILPS Executive Director Rute Azevedo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. Welcome, Opening and Anti‐trust rules
2. Adoption of the Agenda
3. Approval minutes of Meeting 23 October 2015
4. President Report ‐ BD
‐ ILPS in USA, Last meeting Salt Lake City, next in Orlando May 2017
‐ Phospholipid Conference Krasnodar Conference 10‐15 Oct 2016
5. Secretary Report – RM
6. Treasurer Report – GR
7. Positions within ILPS
‐ New Position of an ILPS Coordinator
8. Co‐operation with other associations
‐ ILPS subgroup of Euro Fed Lipids
9. Shipping of Milk and Marine lipids, problem with veterinary control from Non‐EU countries
10. Biannual Willem van Nieuwenhyzen Award
11. Analytical Projects 2017
‐ Nutritional values of Lecithin
12. ILPS Scientific Symposium 2017
13. Date of next meeting
In adhering to our original objectives of incorporation, the
Society initiates, organizes and sponsors various short courses,
conferences and events. Particularly in N-America ILPS has initially
joined forces with the American Oil Chemists Society (AOCS) Phospholipid
Division to enhance our international recognition and to utilize the
strengths of such an organization as the AOCS. In Europe ILPS organizes
activities alone or jointly with other associations. Some of the
activities previously accomplished were:
- Lecithin Short Course on Lecithin Functions in Technology and
Nutrition, organized by AOCS and ILPS, April 27-28, 2013, Montreal,
Quebec, Canada, prior to the AOCS Annual Meeting.
- 10th ILPS Phospholipid Congress “Phospholipids – Sources,
Processing and Application” was held on 16-18 September 2011 in
Rotterdam, the Netherlands. The congress started with a visit to
Unilever Research Center Vlaardingen with presentations and pilot plant
demonstrations, followed by 3 scientific sessions.
- 3rd ILPS Lecithin Short Course 2010 was held on June 11-12 at Ghent
University, Belgium with oral presentations and visits to the Cocoa and
- ILPS Short Course:”Lecithins and Phospholipids in Emulsions” was
held in cooperation with Ghent University on June 45-6, 2008 at Ghent
University Belgium. Oral presentations and laboratory equipment
demonstrations were given.
- A Lecithin Short Course on Lecithin Properties and Technological
Functions was organized by AOCS and the Institute of Neutraceuticals and
Functional Foods (INAF) of the Laval Université at Quebec City, Canada
on May 11-12, 2007, prior to the AOCS Annual Meeting.
- ILPS jointly organized their 9th ILPS Congress on “Phospholipids for
Health” with the 49th International Conference on Bioscience of Lipids
and the Hungarian Academy of Science on September 8-10, 2006 in Pécs
Hungary. Four sessions were devoted to Sphingolipids, Marine
Phospholipids, Phosphatidylserine and Brain function of lipids.
- An ILPS Lecithin Short Course was conducted in cooperation with
Ghent University on February 14-15, 2005 at Ghent University Belgium.
Oral presentations and laboratory equipment demonstrations were given.
The best poster award was given to Mrs. Annet Knoth of the Friederich
Schiller University, Jena, Germany for her poster” Stability of
phospholipids-containing water-in-oil emulsions”
- The 8th International ILPS Congress on Phospholipids was
successfully held September 7-10, 2002 in Vienna, Austria in
co-operation with the University of Vienna and the Austrian Medical
Academy for Nutrition. PhD students presenting their poster were
supported with a fee waiver.
- At the IFT (Institute of Food Technologists) Annual Meeting and Expo
2002 in Anaheim, CA the session “Enzymes in Foods 2020″ , in Dallas
2000 the session “Liposomes for food systems” and in Chicago 1998 the
seminar “Phospholipids as Functional Food Ingredients” were organized
and chaired. Many ILPS experts presented their topics.
- At the Food Ingredients Exhibition 1999 in Paris, an ILPS Lecithin
seminar was organized in co-operation with the World Food Summit
Conference Committee with 7
- The 7th ILPS international Congress on Phospholipids in Nutrition
and Cell Signaling was organized in September 1996 in Brussels
In 1994 a Lecithin Short Course was held in conjunction with the AOCS meeting in Atlanta, GA.
- In 1993 the 6th international Colloquium on Phospholipids was held in Hamburg, Germany supported by the membership of the ILPS.
- In 1992 the first Lecithin & Phospholipid Symposium was held in conjunction with the Annual AOCS Meeting in Toronto.