Functional phospholipids in the food and pharmaceutical industries
The 16th International Scientific and Practical Conference will continue the cycle of conferences initiated 20 years ago and devoted to new research in the chemistry and technologies of production and application of this unique class of natural compounds.
During these years, the volume of domestic production of plant lecithin that meets the requirements of international standards has increased in Russia.
The use of this functional and technological additive in various sectors of the food industry, in the production of feeds and technical products, has increased approximately two times.
Phospholipids, as biological emulsifiers with antioxidant and synergistic functions, have become widely used in clinical practice as nutrients and biologically active dietary supplements.
The main goal of the organized conferences is to analyze the scientific and technical development in this area of lipidology, to determine the trends of scientific and technological advance.
- colloid-chemical properties and technological functions of lecithins;
- analytical chemistry of polar lipids and lecithins;
- creation of functional and specialized purposes food and feed products;
- plant polar lipids (chemical composition and biomedical properties).
Activities within the framework of the Conference:
- an exhibition of products of companies producing phospholipid-based lecithins and nutraceuticals;
- a competition of post-graduate and student’s works in the field of functional and food lipidomics.
- International Lipids and Phospholipids Society (ILPS), Germany;
- Protein Plus Co. Ltd. (St. Petersburg, Russia);
- St. Petersburg National Research University (ITMO), School of Biotechnology and Cryogenic Systems (St. Petersburg, Russia)
- Federal Research Center of Nutrition and Biotechnology (Moscow);
- Russian Union of Food Ingredients Producers Union (UFIPU) (Moscow);
- Kuban State Technological University (Krasnodar);
Conference working languages: Russian, English. The Conference Proceedings will be published as a special edition with an ISBN.
Conference website: ILPS.ru
Contacts: Vadim Mekhtiev +7 991 004 7878, +7 812 327-80-34, e-mail: VadimMekhtiev@lecithin.ru